I don’t remember where I picked these up but they hang on the wall next to my desk. For all who are called to lead, they are a great reminder of what we should do:
- People are illogical, unreasonable and self-centered (including me). Love them anyway.
- If you do good, people will accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Do good anyway.
- If you are successful, you win false friends and true enemies. Succeed anyway.
- The good you do today will be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.
- Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.
- The biggest people with the biggest ideas can be shot down by the littlest people with the littlest ideas. Think big anyway.
- People favor underdogs, but follow only top dogs. Fight for a few underdogs anyway.
- What you spend years building may be destroyed overnight. Build anyway.
- People really need help, but may attack you if you do help them. Help them anyway.
Give the world the best you have and you will get kicked in the teeth. Give the best you have anyway.